Start and End Each Day with Gratitude
What is the world can there to be grateful for you wonder? I am in hell, and want to get out. I am not grateful for anything. My loved one died.
One way to take you away from your pain, if only for even a moment, is to consider what you might be grateful for in your life. Your mind cannot hold competing thoughts.
- Are you grateful for your loved one and how much you loved him or her? Are you grateful he or she was a positive and caring influence in your life? Are you grateful you will always have his or her love?
- What about your life, your child’s life, or the other family members that love you?
- Or instead, how about the smaller more basics things… your warm home? The soft bed you sleep in? The sun on your face? A piece of chocolate?
Take a minute in the morning and the evening, and try to reflect on three things that are a blessing to you. Although this may be difficult, please give it a try. It can be a welcome respite to your weary mind, if only for a moment.
Blowing the winds of gratitude your way,
- Day 7: The gift of gratitude (incelebrationofyou.wordpress.com)
- Grief and Gratitude-How to Balance Both (archive.aweber.com)
- How Can We Grieve & Be Grateful? (heartachetohealing.com)