What in the world can I be grateful for? I am in hell, and want to get out. I am not grateful for anything. My loved one died.
One way to take away your pain, if only for even a moment, is to consider what you have to be grateful for in your life. Your mind cannot hold competing thoughts.
- Are you grateful for your loved one and how much you loved him or her? Are you grateful he or she was a positive and caring influence in your life? Are you grateful you will always have his or her love?
- What about your life, your child’s life, or the other family members that love you?
- Or instead, how about the smaller more basics things… your warm home? The soft bed you sleep in? The sun on your face? Your pet’s loyalty?
Take a minute in the morning and the evening, and reflect on three things that are a blessing. Although this may be difficult, please give it a try. It can be a welcome respite to your weary mind, if only for a moment.
Try this affirmation: I am grateful to be alive and for those who love me.
COPYRIGHT 2011, With Sympathy Gifts and Keepsakes, LLC.
- Do you have the Gratitude Attitude? (createwhatyouwant.org)
- Day 1 – Gratitude Challenge (cauldronsandcupcakes.com)
- The Top 10 Habits of Grateful People…Even In Tough Times (lifehack.org)