- Welcome to With Sympathy Gifts and Keepsakes. This site was created to support people like you, who may need help or guidance during difficult times. Whether you are personally grieving a loss or want to express your sympathy to a friend or loved one, we can help you.
- Browse our shop to find a meaningful keepsake to remember and honor your loved one, or perhaps find the right way to express your feelings to someone who is grieving. Visit our blog for helpful guidance and support from others who have been there too….or drop us a line; we would love to hear from you.
- Wishing you comfort and peace,
- About Chelsea
- As an author, Chelsea Hanson has the special gift of finding the right words when they are needed most. Having experienced loss and transcended grief herself (see story below), Chelsea provides a sense of comfort and understanding to help you with your grief. Her reassuring words provide hope that you too will be able to journey through grief and find a new appreciation of life.
- As an entrepreneur, Chelsea is passionate about providing grief support in many ways. She prides herself on ensuring that With Sympathy Gifts and Keepsakes will have what you need to express your sympathy, remember your loved one or just find support.
- As an advocate for grief education, Chelsea founded the World Grief Support Association, which works to educate society about dying and loss.
- Chelsea lives in Wisconsin with her husband, Bill, and young son, Jacob.
- Story How It Started – A Simple Poem of Comfort
- When my mother, Donna, passed away unexpectedly right before Christmas in 1996, I knew that my family and the holidays would never be the same. To deal with my grief, I wrote a poem, Hello from Heaven, to express what I thought my mother would want to say to us after she arrived in heaven.
- Over time, I would enclose the poem in sympathy gifts for others. The response was overwhelmingly positive, and after many requests, I decided to publicly share this message, so I published my first gift book, Hello from Heaven.
- As time passed, I was inspired to create more gift books to comfort others in their time of need, including Forever in My Heart, Merry Christmas from Heaven Above, If Only I Knew and Choose Hope.
- These gift books have comforted people across the country and are used by grief support groups as well as hospice and funeral home professionals. Now you can provide the same universal words of hope and comfort to those you care about.
- But the gift books were just the beginning. As I continued to recognize the need for support at time of loss, the idea for With Sympathy Gifts and Keepsakes was born.
- Today Vision
- Our vision is to help the millions of people who are grieving to receive the sympathy and comfort they need in a caring and helpful manner. Mission
- Our mission is to continually provide meaningful and comforting gifts to the bereaved and to those who support them. We can help you:
- Express Your Sympathy
When you don't know what to do or say, be assured that giving a gift from our collection will show your sympathy in a caring and appropriate way. In turn, the recipient will be comforted and your thoughtfulness will be remembered.
- Remember Your Loved One
If you are personally grieving a loss, you will be able to find a meaningful keepsake to remind you that your loved one is always with you, loving you and guiding you from above.
- Provide a Supportive Community
Journeying through grief is probably one of the most difficult things you will ever do. But an ever-growing community of support and understanding is available. See our Resources, Blog, or sign up for our Newsletter. Connect or listen to others Via Facebook.
- Our mission leads to a ground-breaking movement to educate society about loss, dying and grief. By increasing society's knowledge and comfort level surrounding death, dying can become accepted as a normal part of life, just like being born. In turn, our world will become better equipped to support and interact with people that are grieving.
- To join in this important educational movement, please visit the World Grief Support Association, founded by Chelsea Hanson.