As you grieve the loss of your loved one, life can seem overwhelming. From moment to moment your emotions change. One minute you are smiling and the next you are crying. Because everything seems much harder, it is important to acknowledge your small successes:
- Getting out of bed in the morning to take a shower
- Returning to work after bereavement leave
- Eating at the dinner table without your loved one
- Going to lunch with a friend
- Returning a phone call or acknowledging an expression of sympathy
Try this Affirmation: I acknowledge all of my accomplishments.